Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Holidays Strike Back: Part IV and V (a.k.a. Everything Small and Round)

Hey, would you believe that I had so much fun last night that I forgot to take pictures? What an unorganized dork I am.

ANYWAY.

So after I got out of my internship yesterday, I rushed down to Kearny Mesa at top speed to meet Carrie and Richard. They were waiting for me at the coffee shop, and I burst comically through the door with a bottle of Pea soda in one hand and a bottle of Blueberry Pie in the other. (Okay, no I didn't, but I wish I had. That would have been awesome.)

We were planning on eating ramen at Mitsuwa, but tragically they are a cash only establishment and Carrie and Richard lacked the skrilla so we traipsed across the street to Tajima. The Power Couple aren't big drinkers, but I ordered some Calpico soju in the name of fortification...

Now, because of my ridiculous lack of photographic evidence, and the mass of actual conversation on tape, I'm just going to give you seven golden minutes of beautiful bean footage. Though Tajima was egregiously poorly lit, the dialogue isn't bad. Carrie and Richard get really into it, bless their hearts, and Richard brings on the bad future-math-teacher puns like woah. (Just one reason among many why I love them so.) I'm mostly just mad about the lighting. I have a portable adjustable-timer strobe light (bought with leftover meal points during my dormatory year: it makes everywhere a party!), and if I'd known we were going to go somewhere with "atmosphere," I'd have brought it along. We probably would have been kicked out, but isn't it worth it? At any rate, it gets better. Seven minutes of information! That's practically a full-length movie!!!



I'm rating the Pea Soda on a scale of Delirium, because I can't for the life of me figure it out. It wasn't half bad, but it wasn't half good. It wasn't peas, but it wasn't [i]not[/i] peas. It's the gastronomic equivalent of a gigantic animated question mark above your head. All you can do is blink and sit slack-jawed while you try to figure out what the heck just happened.

Delirium:

The Blueberry Pie falls squarely into Delight. Who doesn't love Nerds candy? Even if you hate pie, you MUST love Nerds candy. It's like Welch's Grape Soda for grown-ups, and I felt like that scrunchy-faced blonde girl from the commercials when I drank it. Yum!

Delight:

The 16th?!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't leave us hanging! Did you finish the rest? The suspense is killing me!

:)

Aaron

Aaron Reed
Holiday Pack Project Manager
Jones Soda Co.
Seattle, WA

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home