Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Mixtapes I: My Boss Hearts Screeching Weasel

Finding someone to drink horrible soda with me every three days is proving more difficult than expected, and yesterday fell through leaving me scramblingly late again. I'm just going to leave it for now though, and let the 13th be a double-feature.

So today, I'm going to launch the Mixtape ship. I love music as much as I love ridiculous food, if not more. I ought to start writing about that again for a change.

Today's mixtape isn't one that I made, but rather one that my boss Steven over at Writers House made for me. He was confounded that my favorite band is The Mr. T Experience, but I'd never heard Screeching Weasel or The Riverdales. He's a huge fan and has one of their albums framed in the office. I said they just never really moved across my radar when I was in high school. He reacted to the effect that it would be a crime against humanity if it wasn't accidental. He also made me a mixtape of his favorite Screeching Weasel songs, which stayed in my car stereo for a week straight. I realize now, how wrong I was in ignoring this band all these years. They're amazing. Straightforward and fun, total California teenage suburbia. This tape could be the soundtrack to our lives.

Steve's Best-Of: Screeching Weasel

1. Totally
2. The Girl Next Door
3. Guest List
4. Crybaby
5. Leather Jacket
6. Peter Brady
7. Cool Kids
8. Cindy's On Methadone
9. Science Of Myth
10. What We Hate
11. I Wanna Be A Homosexual
12. Gotta Girlfriend
13. Suzanne Is Getting Married
14. My Friends Are Getting Famous
15. The First Day Of Summer
16. You'll Be In My Dreams Today
17. The First Day Of Autumn
18. Speed Of Mutation
19. Dummy Up
20. Video
21. Every Night
22. Hey Suburbia
23. Claire Monet
24. Acknowledge
25. Thrift Store Girl
26. Don't Turn Out The Lights
27. The First Day Of Winter
28. Message In A Beer Bottle
29. My Own World
30. Tightrope
31. My Brian Hurts

So far my favorite songs are "Totally" and "The First Day of Winter." Someday I'll have enough money to host the songs for you to make a tape. For now though, I guess you'll just have to find the albums. At least I can say that you won't regret it. (I hope.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home