Friday, December 08, 2006

The Holidays Strike Back: Part III (a.k.a. Parental Guidance Suggested)

I'm late! I'm sorry!

Okay, anyway.

So I'm looking at the bottle of Peas soda, right? And I says to myself, I says:

"Fuck that noise. Let's have some pie. WHO'S WITH ME?"

STAGE THREE: BANANA CREAM PIE SODA

Shockingly, my little sister heeded the call. Her name is Jackie, but I like to call her Mikey. (Or Monkeyface, or whatever. You know.) Her palate is limited to Top Ramen, whatever cheese comes out of the Kraft factory, Wonder bread, and Life cereal. Yet, I asked her if she wanted to drink some weird soda with me and she was pretty enthusiastic about it.

jones06_banana1

How about that food coloring, eh?

Ingredients: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, natural and artificial flavors, gum acacia, sodium benzoate, citric acid, yellow 5, modified food starch, ester gum, potassium sorbate, medium chain triglyceride.


Sweeteners, and no salt? Hey, this might not be bad! I asked The Kid if she was sure about this, and she assured me that she was, so we cracked open the bottle and were immediately greeted by a whiff of something lovely.

jones06_banana2

Hey, that's a pretty good sign? Marshmallows are pretty high on Jackie's approved list of dessert items, and banana is honestly the only fruit in the universe that she will voluntarily eat, so she grabbed the bottle with gusto and went for it, with me following suit.

jones06_banana3

EXCELSIOR!

jones06_banana4

Well, it's an Official First for the year, my friends: a delicious soda! So delicious, in fact, that Jackie ended up sneaking into my room and drinking about half of it (hey Mikey, she likes it!) before my mother chased her out, concerned about heavy sugar levels before bedtime. The kid stayed up bouncing off the walls til about 11. (On a school night!) That's what high fructose corn syrup will do to ya. It was cute, nonetheless. She's a good egg, and I love her dearly.

jones06_bananamoral

So I can't really measure pies on a scale of despair, because honestly, who hates pies? (Ahem.) So on a scale of delight, I give this a four. It's pretty good, but I'm still a little weirded out by the divergent texture.

DELIGHT:

And now: random weird eye tricks, a baby valley girl's first brush with non-root-beer soda, and helpful comments from the peanut gallery (provided by our mother)!



Sorry about the delay tonight. Work kept me busy. Tune in on the 10th for the next exciting episode!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home