Friday, November 18, 2005

Conquering the Holidays: Part II (Making Work Interesting)

I'm a "sales associate" (read: cashier doormat) at an art-slash-home decor store. We've been down in sales lately, and work is slow-slow-slow. Luckily for me, I always come prepared to fight the boredom.



Prepared with #2 on my list of holiday sodas, that is! At least yesterday I was. As soon as the doors were closed and locked last night, I brought it forth from the break room refrigerator in all its glory.

STAGE TWO: Wild Herb Stuffing

The wine list recommended a sparkling zinfandel to accompany the stuffing, but it's work and I'm not about to lose my job for Holiay Soda, so I improvised by pairing it with a Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich (to remind the stuffing of its roots) and a Sierra Mist/Mountain Dew fountain blend from Panera. I think that did the job just fine.



The good thing about doing this at work is that I can recruit volunteers. Carrie was already accomplice to the time I decided to concoct Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters out of gin and Japanese sports drink, so she was game.



We were somewhat reassured. It looked normal. Until we opened the bottle, that is.



Hmm. But still, vile masochistic candy is better than turkey, right guys? Right? RIGHT!?



Hmmmmmm.... still tolerable though, in the sense that raw celery is tolerable. Now swallow.



Ack!!!! At least we didn't need hard alcohol to wash the taste away. That fact alone ranks this flavour above that of the turkey. Still, that's not saying much. Not saying much at all.



Carrie is such a good sport! I love her to death.

Tonight I closed shop with her again, and I thought about bringing the cranberry-sauce-flavored soda to make amends, but then I remembered something potentially even more wonderful: relatives might be coming to visit tomorrow. I hope my grandmother's feeling intrepid! STAY TUNED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home